Hi everyone! I’m back with a makeup look similar to that of Yohio’s. He’s a young and beautiful swedish singer who’s music is heavily influenced by Japanese culture. ❤ I’m not even kidding about how beautiful he is! Here’s a pic:
His style might not be very conventional but he’s really quite an interesting person. I really liked his makeup (not the one in the photo but another will be shown in below) so i decided to copy it ish.
Looks fun? Let’s go!!
These are the brushes I’ve used. Now you don’t have to have the exact same ones, just anything similar in size or diameter will do : )! The tutorial below will show you when I use them. xx (I forgot to add the spoolie ><)
Face Products: Gorgeous Base Perfect Liquid Foundation, Hera CC Cream in 01, Gorgeous Camouflage cover cream (concealer), Etude House Tight Shading Corset in #5, Tony Moly Shimmer Lover Cube in Brown and Pink Holic. Ahhh >< I forgot to add in my Smashbox face primer and Escada pink lipstick… sigh forgive me…
Eye Shadows: Gorgeous Essential Shades Palette, Maybelline Eye Color Pallet in BU-1, Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Black Magic
Other Eye Products: Glameyes advant-garde crystal face jewels, Lancome mascara in Hypnose, DUO eyelash adhesive, Brow Specialist eyebrow mascara, Dollywink liquid liner, Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil in Hard 09, Stila smudgestick waterproof eyeliner in Stingray, MAC lash curler. I also forget to put my TooFaced Shadow Insurance eye primer and gluestick in ><
1. Apply your moisturiser and what not.
2. Use a spoolie and groom your brows in shape, following the directional lines in the pic on the bottom left.
3. Get some glue onto your fingers and secure the brows in place. We want to create those pointy brows xD.
4. After the brows dry, apply the concealer over it. Most people who do this look would already have shaved brows. However you can probably tell, I have really thick and dark brows and I don’t want to shave them off so there is still brow visibility. Hence, I fixed the rest up in photoshop. But concealing the brows will already lessen a lot of the dark brow colour.
5. Get your primer and prime your face.
6. I wanted more coverage than usual and a slightly radiant look so I mixed together my CC cream and foundation.
7. And I applied this on my face with a beauty sponge.
8. Spread the foundation following the directional guide in the photo above.
9. Now take the eyeshadow primer and apply this all over the lids, including the undereye area.
10. Take the pearly silverish white cream shadow from the Revlon palette and with your ring finger, apply this all over the first 3/4 of the lid (marked out areas)
11. Now take the Maybelline palette and a flat medium sized shader brush. Dip it into the shimmery white and apply this over the area where you have just applied the cream shadow.
12. Take the bullet head brush and apply the same colour to your tearducts and first half of the bottom lashline.
13. Take the fluffy blending brush and buff the matte black in circular and patting motions into your outer corner until you are satisfied with the amount.
14. Then taking a thin blending brush, use window sweeping motions to bring the black into your crease.
15. Using the same brush and matte black, bring the colour down and connect it with the white.
16. Now repeat the blending steps with the matte black with the shimmery black.
17. Take the black liner and line your eyes.
18. Alright, time to take out a flat shaped liner brush called a pushliner. Dip this into your black eyeshadow and push it into your upper lashline. This will make your lashes look heaps fuller and really makes a difference!!!
19. Now get the liquid liner and sharpen your lines.
20. Looking good. Now take the brow pencil and line out how you want the brows.
21. Fill in the brows with brow powder. And if it isn’t dark or strong enough, you can always use brow mascara as I did.
Whoot… Look at them weirdo brows!!! LOL. As I said mine are really hard to cover since they’re dark and thick and I don’t want to shave them off…
22. No worries. Go back to the Maybelline palette and grab the white again. Use this to highlight your browbone.
23. Take the bottom 3 colours in the Tony Moly Brown as a contour.
24. Contour like so with the guides. Also, contour the jawline if need be.
25. Take the Tony Moly pink holic and use the bottom three as the blush and the top two colours as the highlight.
26. Highlight your T-zone, C-zone, chin and cupid’s bow.
27. Take the shading corset and a small fluffy blending brush to use as nose contouring. If you’ve got an asian piggy nose like me, contour according to my guidelines above. What you want to do is not only contour the bridge of your nose but also bring that into the areas right under your brows and bring it half way under your brows. This will make you look like you’ve got slightly deeper set eyes and make your nose appear longer. Finally the sides of your nose. This you will have to experiment because every nose shape is different. However doing this will cast a shadow beside the nose “flaps”(?! LOL) and make it look thinner.
28. Phew.. curl those lashes…curl them >: [
29. And coat them in mascara.
30. Take out some scary(nah they beautiful LOL) lashes and apply them on.
31. And the key to the look! The face jewels! Apply these on with a tweezer.
32. Almost done! Apply baby pink lipstick to the centre of your lips.
33. Gloss the lips up with a bit of pink lipgloss.
34. And put on a wig!!!
Thanks for staying with me for so long!
Hope you enjoyed it!