Hi everyone!!! It’s been a little while for an update but hopefully you’ll checkout my FB page for more regular daily updates on looks and videos!!! ❤
Today i’m going to do the long awaited review on Tsubasa Masukawa’s Country Retro palette. I got this palette from My FashionEye <3!!! This one isn’t as popular as the other Dolly Wink palettes out on the market- probably because of the colour and because it seems a little hard to wear? But I think its cute, fun and funky!
WELL NOPE. I’m going to show you 3 other alternative ways to wear these colours! (There’s a lot more but you can use these examples as guidelines for your creativity ^^!) First thing you need to note is that the colours on this palette involves orange and blue as the theme which means that you’re going for an awesome colour crash. Reason 1: they’re on opposite sides of the colour wheel. Reason 2: the colours are both warm and cool. This means anyone can wear it you’ll just have to adjust the colour matching and placement to what suits you. Tsubasa shows off her combo of the colours on the package and this look atypically matches someone with a more neutral skin tone- but I don’t think that would stop anyone wearing any colour >: P So the below two images are the packaging and steps to get Tsubasa’s look.
And this is me… with the look 🙂
Ok so now i’m going to show you the other looks I came up with. (+tips on how to apply it properly) :D! OH and i do really aplogize with the inconsistency of the photo colours >< I was in a massive rush ><
Look 1: Day look
Especially suited for: Hooded eyes, monolids, Deep set eyes, Wide set eyes (Just don’t highlight the corner of your eyes)
1. Apply primer all over the lid and up to the brow-bone.
2. Apply a wash of orange all over the mobile lid and into the crease. (If you have a hooded eye or thick lids you want to bring this colour up past your double eyelid into the crease so that you can actually see the colour when you open the eye. Defeats the purpose if you can’t right ^~^?)
3. From the brow-bone, bring down the highlighting colour to the orange and blend nicely. Also pop this in the inner corners of the eyes.
4. Line the top lashline with the dark blue and bring it up a little higher than where you would put your eyeliner. Line the outer 1/3 of your bottom lashline with the light blue.
5. Line your eyes.
6. Curl and mascara~
Look 2: Clashing Blue Crease
Especially suited for: Hooded eyes, Protruding eyes, Close set eyes, No visible eye socket
1. Prime your eyes
2. Apply an all over wash of orange over the lid working from the outside to the inside.
3. Follow the imaginary diagonal line from your eyebrow to the side of your nose. Apply the dark blue from the outer 1/3 of the lashline and work it into your eye socket (working from the outside towards the inside) creating a soft off shaped “c”.
4. Pop a little bit of the light blue between the orange and dark blue to help the colours blend. Re-apply some orange to the centre for a pop of colour.
5. Bring some of the dark blue down the outer 1/2 of the bottom lashline. Then apply the highlighting colour to the brow bone.
6. Cat line, curl and mascara.
Look 3: Retro Blue Smokey.
Especially suited for: Hooded eyes, Protruding eyes, close set eyes.
1. Prime and apply a wash of the light blue up past the crease area.
2. Apply the dark blue to the outer V and enhance the depth of the eye socket by bringing some of the darkness towards the centre.
3. Highlight the brow bone.
4. Apply the orange all the way across the bottom lashline.
5. Line the eyes.
6. Curl and mascara.
Lipstick: I’d suggest keeping it along the lines of coral, oranges and nudes. Unless ur really out there, go for a blue LOL!!! So… Here’s what I ended up doing for a bit of fun….
So as you can see, this palette is really fun!!! My only peeve about it is that it’s not pigmented enough. Hence, I always always ALWAYS recommend using a really good primer over the lid and you’ll have to apply a couple of good pats to really get the colour vibrant enough for your looks. Other than that, great colour combo, looks cute and extremely convenient to take around!!! So overall I’ll give it about a 7/10. ❤
Well, that’s all from me today!!! Hope you enjoyed the looks and let me know if you try it out!!! 😀
Take care and keep creative!!!
Don’t forget to visit me at:
and my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ohmyfayce