Finally, a change of face! A friend of mine suggested me to do a look similar to that of the Chanel’s latest summer haute couture. Challenge accepted. Although I think I should’ve spent more time to model this look to be more finite but I leapt straight to doing the look when I was over at a close friend’s house. It’s been one of the more challenging looks that I’ve done but I had a lot of fun and quite a headache!!! Here’s what I came up with ^^:
What I used:
Face: Lioele Secret HD Powder, Lace, Felt (create a natural organic design to go on the undereye area!), Etude House Shading Corset in #5, MAC blusher in Supernova, Smashbox photo finish primer, Tony Moly Shimmer cube in brown, Gorgeous base perfect liquid foundation in 1Y-BP, You also need your fav pair of lashes~
Eye shadows: Gorgeous essential shades palette, Jill Stuart palette in 09 Mandarin citrine.
Other: TooFaced shadow insurance, Lancome mascara in Hypnose, HUB Makeup mascara in Superlash black, DUO eyelash adhesive, Stila waterproof eyeliner in Stingray, MAC lash curler.
1. Start off with a clean face. Apply your face primer and conceal any blemishes with a concealer brush.
2. Using a foundation brush, apply a matte foundation to the skin. We’re not going for a dewy look today because the look is very organic with a touch of dark and venetian element. [You may also decide to only apply the foundation on the eye area first and then apply foundation to the rest of the face after applying the eye makeup because it may get messy if you’re not used to the product you’re using ^~^]
3. Apply the eye primer all over the lids and the undereye area to secure the black shadows later.
4. [Now i’ve actually finished one side of the eyes before doing the other so you can see how I get the final result.] Using a cream liner, fill out the entire lid as shown.
5. Use a matte black, pat it over the cream base and repeat using a shimmery black. Blend out any harsh edges with a precision blending brush so it doesn’t get too messy.
6. Take the cream liner again and line your eyes. Bring the liner down to your bottom lashline thickly like so. Don’t worry if it’s messy, we’re going to blend it out right after!
7. So take a short flat shading brush and run the matte black shadow over the cream bottom line you just made and blend it out with the top shadow.
8. Next, use a clean bullet brush and apply it to the inner corner of your eyes.
9. Use the precision shadow again, with the TINIEST amount of shimmery black, blend out the white slightly.
10. Using a medium sized shader, apply a shimmery dark brown shadow to the eye sockets so that it softens the black.
11. Now for the fun/ trickier part. Take the lace design that you had prepared. Place the lace on the outer areas of the eye and take the matte shadow and apply it carefully over the lace to create the delicate design. Continue this step until you are satisfied with the amount of lace pattern on the face.
12. Afterwards, take the lovely design cutout that was prepared earlier and apply lashglue and paste it over the lace design. Make sure the lace design still peeps through!
13. Slim and bring out the cheek bones by contouring the hollows of your cheeks and jawline~
14. Apply a dusty rose blush.
15. Highlight the high points of your face. Nose, cheeks, chin, forehead.
16. Contour the nose!
17. Fill in the brows. Make sure they’re thick and defined.
18. Apply the falsies and a matte lip ❤
Here’s the final look:
Hope you guys enjoyed the look! A massive big shout out and thanks to my friend Chiizu for letting me photograph experiment on her face! xx
Don’t forget to visit me at: